Friday, August 1, 2008

It's about time-right?

Well - I sure enjoy reading family blogs, but it's not so easy writing in mine.
I am thankful it is Friday! The week went fast as did the whole month of July. I just finished washing dishes. The kitchen is still a brewery and has left over honey equipment stashed around in corners. One of these days Terry hopes to be able to build a storage/work shop for us. With no basement or garage our house gets full. I always plan to get stuff organized, but there is no where to put stuff and whenever I move something of Terrys he expects me to remember where I put it. What's up with that?

I enjoyed having Daphne and Simon last week end. They are the sweetest little kids. Simon got sad a few times and asked for him Momma, but I said "do you want your baby bottle?" He would say yes and feel a better cause I would hold and snuggle with him. He only gets a bottle at Omma's. Terry and I took them to Indiana Beach Saturday afternoon/evening. That place was crowded. Right now I have no desire to return. The kids didn't even seem to enjoy it that much. Simone rode the cars and liked them ok, but not any thing else. He rode the whales, but was a little scared cause they jerk around a little. Daphne rode most of the kiddy rides once and was ready to go home. We stopped at Sycamore afterwards for ice cream.

Our friends from Florida were here Friday night. They invited us to their house for a cook out, but we told them to come to our house since we had the grand babies. Calley said she would bring everything since she had already planned on cooking for us. We haven't had a grill for the last two years, so Terry went to Menards (he had to go for something else too) and picked up a new grill. It's a nice one. So Ray and Terry put it together while Calley and I talked and played with the precious kids. Calley and Ray never had children. They went back to Florida the first part of the week.

Yesterday I had to call my boss - Ola for something. She said were your ears ringing? I said no, I'll have to be more intuned to that, I hadn't noticed. She said Diane (her assistant) were discussing something. I said, I'm sared now." She said I shouldn't be and for me to pick a day that was convenient for the girls at Logan, to stop by and meet with her in Monticello some morning. What ever they were discussing she said would work out better for me. I'm thinking she will offer me a job in Monticello instead of Logan.....but that's only a guess. I will find out Tuesday morning.

Well - It's 9:00 and Terry just got home. See why I don't cook anymore. I never know when he will appear. He is in the kitchen looking for something to eat. Lucky for him I think he found something. I cook on the week ends if we are home and not busy doing something else.

I'm glad this isn't my month to clean the church. It seems to take a big chunk out of my Saturday, although I like the money.

I've been bad this week. I didn't walk Friday because we had a 7:30 meeting. Monday I woke up just enough to ask Terry, "Is it raining?" He said yes, so I went back to sleep. Tuesday I was really tired so I called Vickie and said "I'm sleeping in today", then Wednesday I didn't wake up at all because it was 2:30 when Terry and I got home from Chicago, Thursday we rode our bicycles (7 miles) and this morning I slept in again. I've got to get back into the habit of waking up...shame on me. We ride bikes on Tuesday and Thursdays. I like those days best - it seems to take less energy to ride than walk.

Hope all is well! Love to each of you.

Today I am thankful it is still summer! I don't mind the heat ..... cause I do not like to be cold.

3 comments:

*** said...

MA--thats exiting about the job possiblity in Monticello!! HOPE YOU GET IT!! :)

Sarah said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear about Tuesday!

Missy said...

Someday I hope to be able to make my own goodies like you do....honey and jams....thats so awesome!

Hope you get a job in monticello that would make things allot easier!