Saturday, August 2, 2008

It was a Beautiful day!!

It was a perfect day - beautiful blue sky with just a puff of white here and there. Not too hot or too cold. I woke up thinking I would accomplish a lot today, but I didn't. I did clean out the refrig. and 1 drawer of the freezer. Had to make room for blueberries I had Matt bring down when he came after the kids last week end. Then Terry got up and we watched a movie. (Denzel Washington and Bruce Willis) I had to take the Logan bag of charts etc. to Monticello before noon, so I took the recycling in too. I got some groceries and a couple tubs thinking I was going to start getting organized today. I hit all three stores, Kroger, WalMart, and R&M (the old IGA). I like Kroger for milk and cheese, R&M for their meat and WalMart for basic stuff. It took more time than I wanted. I was looking around for Daphne, Simon and Owen birthday ideas. When I got home Terry was working in the back yard....he had to dig up and replace some drain pipes to the sewer. It's a good thing he has a backhoe and bobcat. He relized his tile glue was dried up so we went back to town. We drove the Mustang - put the top down. That was nice. I called Sarah, Terry called Joey and Charley and Theresa called me today....so we got to talk to all of our kids today. That was nice. I got to talk to Daphne too...she has the sweetest little voice! Theresa is working on invitations to Owee's birthday party...it should be fun. When we got home I took a short nap and Terry worked on the ditch. He came in took a showerer, I grilled us some chicken and made some instant mashed potatoes (lazy way out = but I like em). Now it's dark and we are setting in. Tomorrow I will go to church....having been for a while, only to sunday school. I failed to mention I bought a package of Keebler grasshoppers cookies and ate half of them on the drive home. They are like the girl scout mint chocolate cookies. I'm not feeling so good. The chicken was good though. Tomorrow is suppose to be another beautiful day. Maybe I will get more done tomorrow.

I am thankful for this beautiful day...for my morning glories that remind me of my Mom and for Terry's many talents that have saved us a lot of money over the years. He can do anything. Love to each of you!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aw, you're sweet! I didn't know morning glories remind you of your mom! I'm laughing about the cookies because I bought heath candy bars for Matt's birthday cake... 6 packs were on sale so I got two. And proceeded to eat 3 tonight! Yea, I wasn't feeling so well either.