Sunday, September 7, 2008

Darn, the weekend is over already.

The weekend may be over, but it has been enjoyable. Saturday morning I got up early to clean the church. I like getting it over with, plus there was going to be a funeral dinner there so I had to have it done by 1:00. When I got home Terry had found a good movie so we watched that...Come Away Home. It was about a young girl staying the summer with her grandpa.....I was crying my eyes out and I saw Terry wiping his. It was a good movie. We went to town for a few groceries and stopped to get ice cream. Summer is almost over, you have to take advantage of things while you can. The hot dog and root beer place will be closing soon, as well as the drive in. We'll have to check out the Drive in one of these weekends soon.

I had some hamburger I had to use so we grilled out and I made a meat loaf with rest. Now I won't have to cook for a while. We just finished off the watermelon I bought when all the kids were home for O's birthday. It was a really good watermelon..seedless.

I went to church this morning. It is my month to teach sunday school. I enjoy the kids, but don't know how to make them behave real well. It's a new group of kids. I have 3rd and 4th graders. They like to talk about school and other stuff...I have to keep reminding them why they're there, but yet I want to get to know them too.

When I got home from Church, Terry had found another movie Man of the Year, with Robin Williams. I usually don't like Robin Williams but it was good. We did get a few things done this weekend, I have washed 4 loads of laundry and started cleaning the bedroom. Terry has the shelves up, now we just have to get the dressers out and get rid of a lot of clothes that we don't wear anymore but have kept around. We even got the yard mowed and Terry hosed down the lawn chairs so we can put them away when they dry. Oh yeah...we finally took the tent thing down from the church park...a week after the party.

Back to Monticello in the morning. Everyone looks at me like "what are you doing here" but yet they don't ask and the manager doesn't tell them.

Thankful for weekends! Thankful to have a job to go to tomorrow. Thankful I got to talk to Trace this weekend, and thankful for the pictures she posted. Owen is sure a cutie! Looking forward to Daph's birthday. Hope Joey and Jess have a great anniversary. Love to my kids!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You guys were busy!! I'll have to check out those movies! Have a great day in Monti!! :)