I had to work Saturday morning...9 to noon. Time went pretty fast, but I was glad to see 12:00 come. I got the deposit ready to go to the bank, signed off, shut off the lights up front, talked to Dr. McKissick for a minutes...walked to the car to find I had locked the keys in the car. I remembered not wanting to take my purse into work ... thinking why? I don't need anything out of it during work, so I put it under my seat and locked it up in the car. I had keys in my hand....but they were my work keys. I don't always drive the same car everyday, so I didn't have the car keys. Well, not having my purse meant I didn't have my cell phone, problem #2. I went back into work and told Dr. McKissick I was one of those dumb people that lock their keys in the car. Anyway, I called Terry, but of course he didn't answer at home or his cell. Thankfully I have a sister that lives in Logansport, so I called her. She came and got me...we stopped at Dog N Suds and took hot dogs and root beer to her house for lunch and I kept trying to get ahold of Terry. He answered around 4 o'clock. He had gone to work, but had forgot his cell. He gave me the number of our road side service (that too was in my purse - in the car). They called someone to come out and break into my car for me. I got home around 6:30. It was still a good day.....I got to visit with Snookie. I don't get to see my sisters often enough. Thank you Snookie!!! for all your help!
When I got home I had to clean the church. I got done with that at 8:30. Terry had brought home Pizza, so that made it even a better day.......hot dogs and root beer for lunch, pizza for dinner. Can't beat that.
It has rained all day today. Our electricity was out for about an hour. I got out our photo albums and reminisced. I like our digital camera, but never have photographs. I miss that.
We just gave the cat a bath with some special soap. Hopefully it will keep her from scratching all the time. She didn't do too bad, I only got clawed once. Terry and I both held her down and suds her up in the bathroom sink.
Theresa just called, said she was baking an apple pie. Sounds pretty yummy. Terry asked me if we were going to have apple pie. I said we could go visit Trace and have some of hers. Too bad you don't live just a little bit closer, Trace. HA!! Something sweet would be good..........................
Thankful for sisters!!!!!! Thankful for my kids....I'm missing all of them today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Glad your day didnt turn out too bad! :) My apple pie was yummy BUT I didnt read the part of the directions where it says to cool for 2 hours so it was VERY runny when we cut into it! Its better today though! AND I left it in the oven a LITTLE too long so it was more brown then I like! Maybe the next one will be better(but man that was a lot of work!!!)
Glad you got to have a fun afternoon even though it wasn't what you'd planned for the day! You just never know what great things are possible from one crazy thing! (I forget stuff alllll the time. I've even locked my child in the car!)
Post a Comment