Well I got to leave work early today. The reason was to start my pre-surgery prep. I had to mix a bottle of Glycolax with 64 oz of clear liquid and drink 8 oz every 20 minutes. I used 56 oz of water with 8 oz of Gatorade. I got it all down, but I am almost sick at my stomach and feel so full. How do guys drink beer after beer and not feel like this. I'm surprised I'm not having to spend the day in the bathroom, but I think it's because I didn't have much to eat last night, and only a banana today. I plan to stay close to one just in case. Now I can only have clear liquids until after surgery which isn't until Friday at 12:30. I made some strawberry banana jello this morning, that will be my dinner.
I got the neatest care package from Theresa in the mail today. It was filled with goodies for my hospital stay....Jr. Mints, a magazine, a word search book, a Butterfinger for Dad, a journal and a Solitaire game. The box was even decorated with a bible verse of encouragement and hearts. Thank you Theresa...it meant a lot to me! You are a sweetheart, it was very thoughtfull!!
I stopped at Garden Station last night to get a few flowers for a stump I wanted to fill and also a few plants for my friend at work that has to work late for me while I'm off work. I was able to get them planted today.
Terry and I got quite a bit done in the yard last week end. We cleaned off the porch and started on the stuff in the driveway. There is still a motorcycle, van seat, grill and exercise bike on the porch, but looks less hillbilly than before. Put 5 cans of trach out this morning for pickup. Looking forward to this Spring and Summer.....hope to get a lot more accomplished.
Thankful for this beautiful day. Thankful for Theresa's thoughtfullness. Thankful for all my kids. Love to each of you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YOU'RE WELCOME MA! :) Just wish we could be closer to you to help you out post surgery!!
Love you! Prayers coming your way!!!
ps. LOVE that you are back to blogging :)
Post a Comment