Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tell me summer isn't over yet!

It's hard to believe it is the middle of August. I love fall weather but I'd like to skip winter if possible. I know summer isn't over, it just seems to be speeding by.

Terry likes his new job! Said it would have been GREAT when he was 45. He will be good at it, just has a lot of reading to do right now. He did get to go to an aircraft crash investigation. That's the part he will like best I think, he is great at figuring out what went wrong and can find things that others don't ever think to look for.

This is week 4 of being "home alone". I guess I'm getting used to it. I don't hate it, I've had lots of experience waiting on Terry. ha! I have Mike and Tom on either side of me and Vick and Vernie across to the street if I need anything and there is the shotgun in my room for comfort. That's a comfort??

I am taking a week vacation starting on the 20th and go back on the 27th. I took the end of one week and the beginning of the next. That way I will have 2 short weeks and plenty of time over the week end to go to Michigan to see Theresa and Caleb and Owen. They are having a birthday party of Owen, he was 2 years old the other day. He got to be in Florida for his birthday. I'm looking forward to seeing where Trace lives. I haven't been to Joey's or Charley's either...I have some traveling to do.

One night of my vacation my sisters are having a girls night out/sleep over. We always have a good time when we get together.

I have been having some problems with light headiness and dizziness at night and in the mornings. Usually it didn't bother me once I got up and around, but today I had it all morning, so I had the nurse take my blood pressure at work. It was a little high, so she had me check myself into walk-in and be seen by the nurse practitioner. She said I have an inter-ear infection. I'm not real crazy about the medication she gave me....one of the side effects is dizziness. That's what I'm trying to get rid of. Silly huh?

Daphne just called me...she is such a sweetheart!

Thankful for telephones and computers to keep in touch with those I love! :)

1 comment:

*** said...

WHAT!? A new post?? :)
Cant wait for you guys to come up either!!
Have your ears been hurting?? It seems like they would if you were having an ear infection, weird!